Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Table in the Presence

Lt. Carey H. Cash, chaplain serving with the U.S. Marines, has written an inspiring book entitled "A Table in the Presence". The subtitle: "The Dramatic Account of How a U.S. Marine Battalion Experienced God's Presence amidst the Chaos of the War in Iraq."

Lt. Cash and the men of the First Battalion, Fifth Marine Regiment were some of the first marines to travel into Iraq in 2003. The story reads like a remake of the story of revival in the camps of the Southern army during the War Between the States. You will discover the conversions, baptisms, desire for worship, trust in God, courage, and miraculous protection and preservation of the men in this book.

For someone who has cast a doubtful eye upon our tactics in Iraq, wondering if this is truly a Biblically based, righteous war, it was a reminder that no matter what major world events are transpiring, God is still working His will in the lives of individuals in some of the most amazing ways and in some of the most remote places.

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139: 7-10

---posted by Queen Lucy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Scripture reference! So true how we overlook the details of God's workings. I will look for that book and some free time to read it too. Thanks for encouraging post.
your friend, Cornflower