Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two or Three

It is not earth shattering. You won't find it on the community calendar. We don't have a waiting list. It is just us, the three of us. We meet once a month for prayer. It is plain and simply lovely to me. I get the inspiring privilege to meet with two other women to pray.

We share coffee and tea and lately some scones. We go over our prayer list and update requests, noting thanksgiving for special answers. We take turns bringing something that God is teaching us and then we pray. We pray for one another. We pray for loved ones, our brothers and sisters in Christ, and for those we know suffering across the globe. We pray for our families, our churches, our community, state, and nation. We pray for God to grant repentance to His people and to bring healing to our land. And we leave refreshed.

These women encourage me with their faithfulness and I get the privilege to gather with them and our Lord Jesus Christ. "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." (Matthew 18:20 ESV) And I wonder, after all is said and done, if in fact our prayers will be used by God to shatter the gates of hell and build the kingdom of God and in retrospect it will be astonishing what are the results from our simple act of faith.

----posted by Queen Lucy

No comments: