Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book of the Year

Reading Ann Voskamp's blog, "A Holy Experience"(www.aholyexperience.com), for the last two years has been such a blessing. I love the way she writes and the content. She shares her heart and desire to grow in holiness in every area of her life. She is a poet, lyrical in the written word. So when she wrote a book, I knew I wanted to read it immediately. I purchased "1000 Gifts" (onethousandgifts.com) and devoured the first two chapters. Then I, who never bend corners or underline so that I can re-read a book fresh, started bending and underlining. And thinking and meditating on the words more deeply. And I started counting and learning the language of eucharisteo. And I bought more copies to give away. Pick up a copy of her bestseller today. It will change your life and renew your walk with God. It is my 2011 book of the year.

----posted by Queen Lucy

3 comments:

Keaty family said...

Amen sister! I have also devoured the first two chapters and it is REMARKABLE. Thank you for sharing this "Book of the Year" with me. I am blessed.

your friend and fellow list-maker,
Cornflower

Monica said...

I have begun the book as well. It is captivating. Thank you so much.

Caer Clan said...

so THANKFUL that God is blessing you through Ann's writings. Hope you will pass on what He teaches you. Giving thanks always!!