Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Christ's Strength

Christ knows his betrayer. Yet he spent time eating with him, serving him, instructing him, laying his life down for Judas. Jesus kept silence while all the false witnesses came forward to accuse him, never seeking to defend himself. Instead of condemning Peter for the denial, Christ restores Peter to His service and purpose with a loving question and command.

I have been contemplating Christ's strength lately. I have known betrayal after much time serving, giving, laying down my life. The hurt I felt after the fact was so great. Yet Christ did it knowing ahead of time the grief he would receive from that person. I don't think I could have done the kindness knowing the end result.

I have had my own flesh and blood bear false witness, all the while wanting to defend myself and make people see that the testimony given about me was not true. Christ kept silent. And to his dear disciple Peter, Christ looked past the weakness and sin, and forgave and renewed Peter. This is strength, strength that is amazing. I need to learn from Him whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light because that yoke and burden sometime seem too great to take up and carry. It is His strength, not mine, that will accomplish it. And if I fail I have the assurance of forgiveness and love from the resurrected LORD who asked Peter, "Do you love me?" He already knows my answer. Grace, Lord, grace. More grace please to do your will and let Christ be the aroma of my life.

----posted by Queen Lucy

No comments: